Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Last Week of Infancy, By Ella Kate

Tomorrow I will be one year old. Apparently it's a big deal, because Mom has been stressing about it and wanting to hold me a lot. I tried telling her nicely that I'm not into that --- but had to resort to screaming to convince her to put. me. down.

One year ago tonight, I remember Mommy screaming and telling Daddy that he better decide that he wants to adopt any future children. Especially when the nurses turned off her epidural. I'm surprised I wasn't born deaf.

Mom and Dad have packed lots of adventures into the past week!

Last night we went to ride the Pink Pig at the mall. I know it sounds silly, and it is. It's an Atlanta holiday tradition of riding a pig roller coaster around a tent. I LOVED IT!




Mom got the camera out first thing this morning. She wouldn't even let me eat breakfast in peace. She's trying to capture my last moment as an infant. Age is just a number, Mommy!


For some reason, Mommy really wanted me to wear a cupcake birthday dress to school. I quickly told her, "no way!" If I couldn't crawl in it, I wasn't wearing it. I won the battle. This is pre-meltdown, but you can tell I'm not happy.



Today Mom and Dad surprised me with a birthday party at school! We had cupcakes and wore silly hats.

Me and my friends waiting for our cupcakes.


Everyone else was neat and proper with their cupcakes. What fun is that?


I love to throw balls for Piper and Penelope --- this is me in action. Mommy's teaching me to step into the throw for more power!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy FIRST Birthday sweet Ella Kate. You are so loved - I can't believe it has been a year since you were born and even longer since you were prayed for!