Monday, June 16, 2008

Sealed as Christ's own forever...

The weekend of June 8, 2008 was, without a doubt, one of my top five weekends of all time. It was full of family, friends, and the Holy Spirit - what else does a weekend need?

Ella Kate's baptism was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. When we were planning it with the priests at our church, I was a bit bummed because the date that worked best for us and for Ella Kate's godparents wouldn't be at our church, but rather at the Diocese cathedral in Atlanta. Turns out, it was a very good thing. A very good thing, indeed.

Ella Kate was the only infant being baptized, which meant she got all the attention after the service. And, she was an angel during the ceremony. She didn't make a single peep for almost two hours. Granted, she was on Benadryl, but she was still perfect. Even when the bishop held her to bless her with water, she was quiet, seemingly taking in every moment. There were more than 600 people watching, and she amazed them all, including us, with her good behavior.

I can't remember the last time I was so moved during a service. I fought back tears as I watched the bishop and Father Tripp welcome Ella Kate into the kingdom of God. It was an amazing gift to feel so much love - for Ella Kate, for God, for my faith, for our family, and for our amazing friends who flew in from Texas to be part of it.

I'm saving my love and admiration for Ella Kate's godparents for a separate post. They deserve more than to be a simple mention in this one. They are WONDERFUL and Ella Kate will be a lucky, lucky little girl to grow up being a part of their family, too!

So, here are a few pictures. Other folks took photos, too, but I have yet to see them. These were taken with our old, broken down camera, so the quality isn't wonderful - but you can get the idea.

The food for her baptism brunch. YUM!


Whew! Baptism is hard work! Ella Kate with Daddy and her fantastic godparents, Mandi and Eddie. Baby Olivia is in the picture, too, but you can't see her quite yet.


We couldn't take pictures during the baptism, but this is immediately after. St. Philip's Cathedral is beautiful! This photo is VERY BLURRY. Don't bother clicking on it for a better view. This is as good as it gets...


Ella Kate with Nina and Titi Coco.


Gigi, Poppi, Mommy, Daddy, Ella Kate and Aunt Sara.

1 comment:

Chris and Kathryn: said...

I have an Ella Kate, too! Check out our blog: chrisandkathrynvinson.blogspot.com. For curiosity I typed Ella Kate into google and found your blog. My daughter is 7 1/2 months, just a little older than yours. Small world! Have a great day!