Friday, March 14, 2008

The plague strikes again

At Richard's insistance, I took Ella Kate to the doctor this afternoon. Really, we just wanted to know she was on the mend. Turns out, we've hit another plague set back.

She has ear infections in both ears, and RSV, a lower respiratory infection she caught at daycare. Freakin' daycare. It is the bane of my existance these days. Anyone out there want to be a noon-5pm nanny?

So, the pediatrician gave me the option of putting her in the hospital for monitoring, or watching her at home. We'll stay home, thank you very much. Turns out, almost all kids will get RSV by the time they are two. The severity of it depends on how mature their immune system is when they get it. Ella Kate is three months - not much time to mature. Sigh...

Please send us lots of prayers and positive thoughts! We need it at our house!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh no, poor Ella Kate. I hope she feels better. I hope you stay sane! We are praying for you.