Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Tax Man Cometh

And the tax man taketh away.

Once again, I'm disgusted by our tax system. Should we have tried to hide more money from the government? Probably. But, you'd think having a child and a year's worth of mortgage interest would allow us to at least break even with Uncle Sam. Not so much.

I hate the fact that my money goes to government programs I don't agree with. I hate the fact that different income levels are taxed at different rates. Should someone who makes more money pay more taxes? Absolutely. Should they pay more at a higher percentage rate? NO!

What is the incentive to work hard, pull yourself up from the bootstraps, put yourself through college and graduate school, and bust your ass in your career to get ahead? Well, as far as the government's concerned, you earn the privalege of paying not only your share of taxes, but also the taxes of folks who just don't want to get a job because life's just too cushy. There is something seriously wrong with that. Seriously wrong.

Repeat after me: FAIR TAX NOW!!!

1 comment:

Brianne Hudgins Photography said...

Ouch. We owed in $1500 a few years ago ~ I was less than thrilled!

J's had his business at home for two years (that lost money for two years) & we've actually gotten money back from the IRS. :) I'm betting that stops next year since he's actually making profit now ... dang it.