Tuesday, October 21, 2008

She Won't Stop Talking!

I'm trying to teach Ella Kate sign language. We've chosen the first few signs and work on them everyday. The problem is that if she wants more, she just looks at me and says more. No signing involved. She wants a bottle? She says bottle. We're still working on it, but she picks up the word much faster than the sign.

When we're at home alone at night, I talk to her to keep myself going crazy. I talk to her constantly. I guess she's just picking it up early. Or, she really wants me to stop talking so she's learning to talk back.

Everyday she surprises me few new words. Last night we had a mini conversation.
- She crawled into the office calling for me - "MAMA!"
- She saw me, sat up, waved at me and said, "Hi!"
- She crawled over to me, clibmed my leg and said, "up."
- I asked her if she wanted to go night night, and she pointed toward her crib and said, "nightnight."

Really? Already? I need her to be a baby for a while longer. Ten months old IS still a baby, right?

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yes 10 months old is a baby. And so is 2 years old! Moseley definitely has his big boy moments. Like when he reads TO US his books. He has memorized so many of the books we read him that he can read us the story back (fudging a cuple of the words of course). I will have to do a post about that... Anywho, I miss y'all and can't wait to see you. Soon, maybe?

Unknown said...

Maybe she thinks she doesn't need to sign...after all she has always been vocal,it just hasn't always been words.......love gigi

Teresa said...

Maybe she will be like Brandon. He talked so much when he was little that he ran out of things to say by the time those 'mouthy teen years' came along. Most teens think they know more than Momma and Daddy and are not afraid to let them know it. I got into a lot of trouble that way! lol

Teresa