Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama

My fellow Alabamians:

Those of you who live in/around Huntsville. How do you run errands? Richard and I looked at neighborhoods all over Madison County and were disappointed with the lack of immediate errand stores around the subdivision alleys. I absolutely must have a Target/Wal-Mart/Home Depot/Lowe's/Kroger etc within 5 minutes. Otherwise, you spend an hour just traveling to and from stores. Is this normal, or am I tremendously spoiled with our neighborhood?

With the massive growth in Mad Co, wouldn't you think the retailers would wise up and start building? If I'm going to live in an old cotton field, I need some retail outlets to keep me sane!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just remember, it doesn't take as long to drive further in the Huntsville area. When dad and I moved to Huntsville from B'ham we were amazed how little time it took to get from one side of H'ville to the other. It has grown in the past 30 years, but the same will hold true coming from Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you should have been here "29years" ago! Talk about nothing around Madison!

We think it's great now to be so close to everything.
Love,
pgl

Anonymous said...

Allison, it takes me 25 minutes to get to the closest Walmart, grocery store, etc. :)