Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Political Ramblings: The Auto Industry Needs A Visit From Dave Ramsey

The heads of Detroit's "Big Three" automakers flew to Washington DC demanding a piece of the taxpayer bailout pie. They cried about how many jobs will be lost, how they've cut back operations, how their companies' failures will throw the economy in an even more steep spiral.

How did they get there? In a private jet. GM's guy alone paid $20,000 on the DC trip.

Seriously? That is what you call "cutting back?" What about a first class ticket for roughly $900?

They need a good kick in the financial pants. I'd be glad to help them workout a budget. I'm sure Dave Ramsey would have them in the black in no time. But, they might have to sacrifice, which is obviously out of their comfort zone.

If I were there, gentlemen, you would get NO bailout money. In fact, I would charge you for wasting my time and being such morons.

No comments: