Saturday, November 8, 2008

Run, Pullens, Run!

And we did. Well, everyone except Ella Kate, who stayed home and played with Titi Coco.

In an effort to lose several pounds Ella Kate so thoughtfully gave me, I decided to start running races. I trained for months and suffered through sickness, injuries and general malaise.

It was all worth it today!

Richard and I ran in the Big Pumpkin Run 5K in Roswell. It was my first race, ever. After my last injury and other setbacks this week, I was dreading it. But, once I got there and saw runners of every shape and size, with all different goals, I was hooked. We both had a great run.

Richard ran the race in 26:23 minutes and I ran it in 33:01. The route was pure hills, so I was aiming for 12 minute miles plus time to get to the start and the extra .12 mile at the end. I beat my goal by 5+ minutes. (And, another goal - I didn't stop or walk AT. ALL. Trust me, that's huge to me when thinking about the hills.)

Richard is a born runner, so he just ran to enjoy the scenery and support me. Although, he was thrilled with the race t-shirt they gave us.

We didn't take pictures there, because we'd then have to run with a camera. But, we were so pumped by the time we got home we took a few photos in the front yard.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray!!!!!!!!!for the Pullens. I knew you could do it Allison. Get in the tub and soak those aching hips. Love, Gigi

Jessica said...

So proud of both of you!! Alli - that is an awesome time. Some friend of mine here just ran a 5k and they do it all the time and there times were in the 38's!

When Kevin and I ran together, he'd run circles around me (literally) b/c it's so effortless for him! Boys!

Catherine said...

Congratulations!!! That is a huge success! Go you!!

Cath (from SG food boards)


PS: Really cute blog!!