Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Domestic Expert? Not Hardly.

As you may recall, I posted a few months ago that I was learning to sew and smock children's clothes. Since then, I've been busily domesticating myself. The addition of a brand-new sewing machine for my birthday has sealed the deal.

I MADE A DRESS!

I'll pause a few moments for family and friends that knew me in high school/college to stop laughing.

Yes, it's true. I made Ella Kate a dress. Completely by myself.


And, I hand-smocked this dress with her monogram. I can't take credit for making this dress, though.


I hope my Mimmie is smiling down at me for even attempting something so very out of character. She was the queen of all things domestic, as is my mom. I think the genes were diluted by the time they got to me, but maybe I can perk them up a bit...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That polka-dot dress is precious! Excellent work on the smocking too!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am impressed! Great work, Allison!