Monday, April 7, 2008

No one ever said that life is fair.

And, it's not.

My friend Rachel says that I was born under a lucky star. I think she's right. I'm blessed beyond what anyone deserves. Things have always seemed to "work out" for me, so when faced with bad news, I don't take it so well.

We found out last week that my dad, the healer of all things Lowery, has cancer. We'll find out the severity tomorrow, but cancer in and of itself is severe. It has severely shaken me, my faith, and apparently my mental stability.

But, his cancer isn't about me. It's about him, and his being around to see Ella Kate and his future grandbabies grow up. To be there to watch them play sports, teach them to build fences on the farm, and show them how to be successful while keeping a sense of humor.

If you have a few to spare, Dad and our family could use some prayers. Positive thoughts can't hurt, either. And, while you're at it, throw in some goodwill.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been praying for him every night Allison.

Anonymous said...

You know I'm constantly praying for him.
pgl (YFGM)

Buddy2end said...

I have been praying for Mike and the rest of you ever since I was told. I told Michael that God will probably get tired of hearing from me. I believe in God's promises and am firmly standing on them. I love you guys.