Tuesday, May 6, 2008

HIVES!

I got the call around lunchtime today. "Mrs. Pullen, Ella Kate is splotchy and broken out and we can't get her to stop crying."

"Great," I thought, "she's being a sassafrass again, has herself overstimulated and can't calm down." I assume that her face is red from screaming. Not. So. Much

Her poor little face looked like something out of a movie. Red and swollen from her scalp down her cheeks to her chin. She was so miserable and couldn't stop rubbing her eyes because they burned so much.

We rushed to the doctor, who I stopped as she was leaving for lunch. She peeked at my little red-faced monster and decided she needed Benadryl, stat. (We have a GREAT doctor - if you are in the market, come talk to me!)

The Benadryl worked, but we still don't know what caused it. My side of the family is notorious for allergic reactions, and it looks like she's a Hammond through and through.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh no! I am so sorry! Poor baby girl.

Brianne Hudgins Photography said...

Do they wash their sheets in anything smell-good? Noodle's first daycare did that & I used to bring her sheets home to wash here because of it. They couldn't mix her blankies up with anyone else's too ....

That's just wild!! Poor baby!