Sunday, May 4, 2008

Southern Sassafrass Club

I'll admit it, I'm a sassy gal. According to stories, the sassiness started from birth. How can an infant be sassy? Believe me, it's possible.

My daughter is precious. 100%, grade A adorable. I may be biased, but she's extremely smart. The problem is that her little mind wants to do more than her 4-month-old body will allow her to. Enevitably, this ends in frustration and s-a-s-s-i-n-e-s-s.

She learned how to squeal last week. Blood-curling screaming when she's happy, sad, angry, or frustrated. We hear squeals all day long. She wants to eat, but I'm still getting it ready? Scream-squeals. She rolls over and wants to crawl but can't yet? Scream-squels. She doesn't want to lay down so that I can change her diapers or change her clothes? Scream-squeals. Making her unhappiness known - loudly.

I'm seriously worried and dreading the toddler/teenage years. Lord help us.

3 comments:

Candice said...

You should hear my son scream!!! I know that in a few years, I will be deaf!!!

Jessica said...

We need a sassy picture with this post. I just can't believe that little princess is anything but a sweetheart. We were there a whole weekend and she was an angel :)

Brianne Hudgins Photography said...

Ahhh the squeals of babyhood. They give way to the screams of toddlerhood (again - happy, sad or mad - you get the same scream) It's all very bad for a mommy's ears and heart palpitations.

I think I need to invest in a defibrilator.